State of the Art Engineering
The Medical Waste Services System: An Alternative Treatment Technology.
With our new state of the art treatment facility, Sooner Medical Waste Management is changing the medical waste industry. Our technology holds many advantages over other treatment systems.
- No Atmospheric Pollution - As a non-burn steam heated treatment system, released dioxins and other volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are avoided.
- Source of Treatment - The waste is exposed to 215º-240º F direct steam for up to one hour.
- Minimal Chemical Impact - Each time the unit dumps a waste cart, a very small amount of bleach and water is sprayed into the cart dumper. The use of bleach in the system is approved by the USEPA, FIFRA branch for compliance with USEPA standards, and does not have a negative impact on the environment.
- Positive Environmental Impact- Treated waste volume is reduced by up to 90% producing a light weight, solid municipal waste, minimal landfill impact and no soil, water, or air pollution.
- Integral Shredding Process - Applies live steam impingement to the homogeneous waste stream. Efficacy does not rely on conduction through bulk liquids or insulated layers of bags or boxes.
Convention autoclaves require that the users place the medical waste into "autoclave bags" and liners made of polyurethane. Our technology doesn't! This amounts to huge amounts of plastics NOT being put into landfills. This is another way Sooner Medical Waste Management is reducing the carbon footprint of the biohazard waste industry.
The conventional autoclave requires labor every step of the way, including numerous additional handling of the waste, increasing your risks in all of the wrong ways (personal exposure, corporate exposure, public exposure). Our process is just different. Operating a clean, safe, and efficient treatment facility is the standard we maintain.